Thursday, November 1, 2007

Harper's halloween costume



I think Steve would’ve looked rad and fit well as Caesar Commodus. Quotes from the venerable character:

Gracchus: But the Senate IS the people, sire. Chosen from AMONG the people. To speak FOR the people.
Commodus: I doubt if any of the people eat so well as you, Gracchus. Or have such splendid mistresses, Gaius.

Commodus: I think I understand my own people.
Gracchus: Then perhaps Caesar will be so good as to teach us, out of his own extensive experience?
Commodus: I call it love, Gracchus. The people are my children, I am their father. I shall hold them to my bosom and embrace them tightly...
Gracchus: Have you ever embraced someone dying of plague, sire?
Commodus: No, but if you interrupt me again, I assure you that you will.

Commodus: The Senate? all they do is talk…Rome is an empire; it needs an empiror.

All hail Caesar Harper.

Seriously, Steve, put on a bloody costume. You should know by now that your whole robot image (would’ve also been swell if he had dressed as a robot) needs to be shed if you want a shot at your majority. The press corpse was expecting you to shake hands with the little trick or treaters. Even Laureen dug into the face paint.

Mind you, I understand his hesitance. We all know how well his cowboy get-up went over.

With files from the Internet Movie Database

No comments: